Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Karen, my roommate, and I go to the Riverside farmer's market every Saturday morning that I am not working. The lovely day starts with me waking her up at 7:30 (which she thinks is the butt-crack of of dawn...meanwhile I have already showered, gotten ready, and read a novel by then) and dragging her out of bed. Our conversation is meager until we get Karen something caffeinated from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Then it's off to save the planet by buying our fruits and vegetables from local farmers. We try to do our part.


This is the stand where I buy my now favorite fruit, the pluot. This is apparently the hybrid of a plum and an apricot. I don't know how they do that, all I know is it's good!

A couple of weeks ago I bought my mom some flowers for the vase I made her for Mother's Day. Now it's just tradition to walk to the end of the market and grab some flowers for mom. They serve as a constant reminder during the week of what a wonderful daughter she has. =) 

My weekend then continued at my cousin Mallory's baby shower. This is a picture of me with all of my little cousins. I promise that at one time I was taller than all of them.

We then went to my Aunt and Uncle's for a BBQ. This is my favorite picture of my Uncle Ron and I thought I would take this opportunity to share it seeings how the BBQ was at his house. Hi Uncle Ron!

Anyway, the whole point of having a BBQ was so that I could utilize this brilliant little condiment set from Pottery Barn. I love that my family indulges me.

We also indulge the babies. They have been begging for smores, so smores they got. Cute little Lucie apparently inherited Aunite's too big smile. =)

And all of this was just Saturday! Today actually marked Dad's 55th birthday. Ryan and I went to the spa and got massages and reminisced about all of our fun memories. We were sad, but also happy not to be going to Denny's so he could finally get the senior citizen discount. =) 

Man, after writing all this I see what a long weekend it has been. No wonder I am so tired. Adios.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must admit, i'm jealous of your condiment set :-) db

Carrie said...

What a weekend it was for you! Hugs and love.
Your fav!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for letting every one know how much fun I am in the mornings! ...and I don't think I that bad. I'm like an old car on cold mornings - it takes time (and usally food) to get me going ;) There's nothing wrong with that!! -kg