I know that I am his Auntie, and that I am partial to believing that this kid is amazing....but really, he is! He just turned 5 and already he is learning to ride a 2-wheeler without training wheels. I was at least 5 1/2 - 6 years old when I tackled this feat.
You see, we have this thing figured out. Someone runs along side him to make sure that he doesn't bite it big when he falls.
In this case it was his dad. It's quite a work out and I had already had my turn.
Uh oh, he starts to fall and Ryan grabs the bike to keep it from falling on him.

Crisis averted and he's OK. Falling is a big part of learning to ride a bike.

He needs to learn to get back up and try again.
After all this is what life is about. And we're not just teaching the kid to ride a 2-wheeler, this is life lessons, my friend.
So here he goes again. Smile on his face and everything. One little fall won't shake his constitution.

Doing good so far...
Good job Noah!

It's at this point that I think he forgets that he is on a bike, starts telling his dad a story, and forgets to pedal and steer.
He starts going down and Ryan reaches out to correct him. I hear Ryan saying, "pedal, pedal, pedal!"

But alas, he falls. Please note my brilliant brother wearing flip flops. Not the type of footwear I would have chosen, but whatever.
He of course gets tripped up and has to think fast, he doesn't want to fall on the kid. Then I get these photos.


He needs to learn to get back up and try again.
After all this is what life is about. And we're not just teaching the kid to ride a 2-wheeler, this is life lessons, my friend.
So here he goes again. Smile on his face and everything. One little fall won't shake his constitution. 
Doing good so far...
Good job Noah!
It's at this point that I think he forgets that he is on a bike, starts telling his dad a story, and forgets to pedal and steer.
He starts going down and Ryan reaches out to correct him. I hear Ryan saying, "pedal, pedal, pedal!"
But alas, he falls. Please note my brilliant brother wearing flip flops. Not the type of footwear I would have chosen, but whatever.
He of course gets tripped up and has to think fast, he doesn't want to fall on the kid. Then I get these photos.
Of course Noah was OK. He just opted to ride his skateboard for a while. =) I just needed to post all of this for the last two photos. Thanks for enduring until the end.
(Just ignore the lady chillin' in the back ground. She's just saving her parking spot. It's how they roll.)


2 comments:
Oh that is so funny!!!!! I love the last couple of pics. They were sooooo worth it!
By the way, we're moving back to Arizona and the end of October. I'll tell you more later but I wanted to let you know. :)
I love it. That is too funny.
Post a Comment