Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last chance

I forgot to post my last day in AZ. Oops. So here it is. After having a a havana latte at my favorite breakfast eatery in Phoenix, **La Grande Orange Grocery, Sarah and I said goodbye to Les and headed to Last Chance.

What is Last Chance you might ask? Oh don't worry, I took pictures.

This is Last Chance, Sarah's all time favorite store. We have documented Trevor's first trip here.

This was Charlie's first trip 2 years ago. I'm not kidding when I say my friends love this store!

From what I understand it is the home of all things Nordstroms that have yet to be purchased, or maybe overstock. Whatever it is they have tons of stuff and it's all 50-90% off the original price.

People are crazy for this store. It's open everyday yet look at all the people waiting for it to open! Those are the doors/gates to the left. There is no special sale. This was not Black Friday. This is just the average day at Last Chance.

Right before the gates open a nice employee comes out and tells you to make sure not to take anyone elses basket, walk at normal speeds, and don't hit. (just kidding on that last part =) I think it is funny that the "rules" have to be read everyday before opening.

It is quite the experience.

Now granted, I did end up with a pair of my work shoes that I normally pay $120 for (don't judge, they are great shoes!) for only $30 bucks! Nice deals I tell you. Even managed to pick up a few Christmas gifts.

Thirty seconds after the gate openned and I snapped this shot, I lost Sarah. I think I saw her and Trevor rush by and a "Hey, you doing ok?" come out, but it is sort of a blur. Two hours later I did get a phone call that she was ready to be picked up, multiple bags in hand.

The rest of the trip went well. Sarah managed to learn how to nourish her child while both of them still stayed buckled....now that is talent. And we ended up home safe and sound.

End of trip.

Later, skater!

**Upon researching the link for La Grande Orange I was informed that they are now open in Pasadena and Santa Monica. Where have I been?!

No comments: