Monday, November 2, 2009

Sunday tradition



My new favorite thing is Sunday Morning Scones. I work every 3rd weekend, so on my weekends off the kids and Ryan come over for breakfast before church. Every Sunday I ask the kids, "What do you want for breakfast before church? Auntie can make you pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, omelets, muffins..."

"Scones."

"But we had that last week. I can make lots of things. How about we look in your cookbooks and make something new?"

"We want scones, Auntie."

"What if Auntie doesn't want scones?"

"You can make pancakes for you and scones for us."

Whatever punks.

Scones it is, and scones it has been for months now. I'm such a sucker. Not only do they get scones, I make turkey sausage, fresh fruit, coffee with fun creamers for me and my brother, hot chocolate for them, and lemon curd to make the scones oh-so-tasty.

And I love it!

No comments: