It was so much fun to visit my best friend up in Portland recently. I have been there to visit before but spent only a few hours before heading to the coast. This time we explored the whole city for 4 days.
We started out in the wine country just outside of town. Absolutely beautiful!




The next day we hiked around a few small waterfalls and then Multnomah Falls, which was absolutely beautiful and so much fun.
The Drive up was so green...nothing like California, of course.

A view from an observation point.
Me climbing...

Me falling.
Just kidding. =) The picture just turned out cool like that.We started with this little waterfall which only took like 5 minutes to walk to.


Then moved on to the big daddy of waterfalls. This is Multnomah from near the car.
This is even closer. We ended up hiking to the very top. If you are ever in the area you should definitely go.
Here is a picture from the top of the lower falls. I took this picture while standing on the bridge.

Here is me in a random cave on the way up.

Once you get to the top you see the little river that feeds the waterfall before you get to the actual waterfall. There was this little bridge that we definitely utilized for a photo op.


Then off to the top. On the bottom right hand corner you see the bridge from the lower falls, and all the way to the right is the parking lot. Crazy!


The next day we headed back to downtown and did some window shopping. My good friend Deanna came and met us and we decided to have a picnic in the park. We stopped by the Elephants Delicatessen for cheese, wine, and bread and headed on over.

This will be a staple from here on out whenever visiting Shelley. The food, company, and atmosphere were awesome.And here comes the best part....Bob's Red Mill! Bob's Red Mill has their headquarters just outside of Portland, and from what I have heard, makes a wonderful breakfast. (Which just happens to be my favorite meal to eat out)
So the girls obliged me and we headed out early for cheesy grits. Don't cringe, they were so good!
(Sorry about the Popeye...it was super bright out.)
I'll be writing to Bob soon to let him know that the IE would like a Red Mill as well.My trip was short lived, but I was very excited to be able to visit. What I was not excited about was this dinky little plane.

This dinky little plane that nearly killed me. Well, that may be an small exageration, however we did have to turn back 30 minutes into the trip for engine trouble. That was a first and hopefully a last!

2 comments:
Looks like a great trip. i love all the pics.
So fun!!! I have a picture of that waterfall in my house. :) I hiked it when I was 15. I hope that you take a vacation in AZ sometime soon. Or I take a vacation in CA. Whichever. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment