Thursday, August 19, 2010

White water Rafting

For 2 years Ryan has been begging for me to go white water rafting. I finally gave in...sure that I was going to come back dead or severely damaged. But it was his birthday and the only thing that he wanted...so Ryan, my neighbors and I headed up to Kern River for the weekend.

This bus that took us to the start point did not help my worries, nor did the fact that we had to wear helmets.

But we made it!

(though that did include an unfortunate incident where our guide ran my face into a tree...twice)

This is the nice, calm part of the river where you start. Soon you are in Class IV rapids and holding on for dear life! I mean...having the time of your life!

I so badly wanted pictures of us actually rafting, but of course that was the one day that the photographers were not working.

All-in-all a very fun trip. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

glad you did not die. Oh and that you had fun ;)