Friday, December 5, 2008

Visit to Arizona

I spent my birthday week this year visiting friends in Arizona. I had such a fun time. My trip started with Lesley and Charlie at La Grande Orange, a fabulous, artsy little restaurant in Phoenix. I always make Les take me here when I visit. It was even the site of the first time I laid eyes on cute little Charlie. We took a picture to commemorate.
Lesly had such a fun week planned before I came out. We were able to get massages, make super cute cards in a class at the scrapbook store, and we even tried our hand at brining a turkey. Some of our activites got put to the wayside, though, because Lesley had a bit of morning sickness due to her new pregnancy. She shared her wonderful news with me right when I got off the plane, and I couldn't be happier! So we spent time napping and vegging out inbetween our activities. Les, you are such a tropper!

While there I got to see my not-so-little anymore Katie. Katie and I met when she was in 6th grade. Now she is 16, drives, and talks to boys. I don't like it!
But she is still so cute!
Luckily she is still as dorky as when I met her 5 years ago....
I also got to visit with Kim and James. Kim is a great friend, and an old roommate. They treated me to a dinner at Joe's BBQ, another of my favorites. Kim always remembers that and tries to meet me there when I am in town. Here is a picture of us at her wedding to James (another good friend) last year.
My visit with Shannon was next and well over due! Shannon got married last year to Greg, and then moved to Chicago for a year. This was our first visit since her wedding. We spent time shopping, and over an hour in Barnes and Noble. We share a common love for the written word, and stores that sale it. Here is an older photo of us. Between the 2 of us we usually have a ton of pictures, but neither of us snapped any photos.
Thank you all of my friends for a terrific visit!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks like you had a great time!