Friday, February 13, 2009

House Hunting

I have been looking for a house to buy off and on for the past 6-7 months, and it is a difficult process! I have shared with many of you the struggles of finding the perfect home. Since I have started I've put in 5 offers, all but one have been denied...and for frustrating reasons! I put in great offers, offers that I would except if I were selling a home. Then some dumb person comes in with cash and they buy the house, or the house has been sold already and no one bothered to take it off the market.

I find myself getting frustrated instead of hopeful and excited like I started out with. I am only looking for a home because I truly feel this is the road that God is leading me down...yet here I sit in my apartment writing this blog.

I came to terms with this today as I sat here wanting to give up and rent forever. God could hand me a house if He wanted too, that would be no problem. However, I tend to learn to trust and have faith when I need or want something that I can not provide on my own. I believe that my Father loves me and is not trying to frustrate me, He's just trying to help me to rely on Him. Oddly enough I have this verse at my bedside:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3: 5,6


I've decided to trust in the Lord, knowing that His path is better, even if I put in 20 more offers. I would rather acknowledge Him, knowing that He is more important than the most beautiful home with a walk-in closet and pool. I am just more happy and peaceful when I look at God, not at things I want.

But I do want a house, and the Lord knows that. So I continue to move forward to see what happens. I put in another offer on a house in Redlands today. I hope to find out after Monday if I get it. I'll let you all know.

There you have it, my thoughts for the day. Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

God has your perfect house out there. I just pray that YOU find it soon.