February 2, 2009
The day started normal enough. Laura and Sharna headed out to Pearl Harbor to tour the place.
While Deanna, Amy and I headed back to Hanauma Bay to snorkle one last time. It was my favorite snorkling so far. Unfortunately we did not take the camera, but we saw tons of fish and turtles! We felt like we were in a giant fish aquarium.When we got out of the water we took a futile rinse off in the showers. I say futile because it was pouring down rain. We only stayed in the showers because it was warmer than the rain. We just started laughing as we watched people (mind you people already wet from swimming) running for cover. Notice the lifeguard stand and those seeking shelter beneath it.
Of course we took a picture of us in the rain, but no rain is visable. We are dorks!
PS, I am wearing a suit, it's just strapless.Anyway, seeing how we brought Amy's truck and not the stupid Jeep, we decided to do what we could not to get the seats wet. So we all strip off our suits in the parking lot, leaving on only sarongs and bathing suit covers. No big deal, I usually have something on under a dress, but we were only driving right home. Deanna even made the comment, "it's not like we are going to stop anywhere."
So we pull out of the driveway to start our 10 minute ride home. Here is a visual to keep in mind as you read the rest.
I look to my left to the other side of the rode. There were two men riding very slowly in mopeds up the hill. The man in the back fell off his bike, landing on his head and shoulder, and the bike was on top of his leg. I yelled, "Amy!", and she quickly pulled over having seen the incident in her rear view mirror. We all jumped out of the truck and headed over to the man. A few explitives were running through our heads as Deanna's last comment loomed over us. We got there before his friend even saw that he was down. We lifted the moped off of him and did a quick assessment, unfortunately he only spoke Japanese. The man's friend showed up and we called 911. He was conscious but in shock, so he kept trying to get up. Amy, bless her heart, squated down to keep him not moving and his neck straight. I felt bad that poor, saronged Amy was in this position, so I did the same to help out. Deanna was interpreting through the friend trying to get pertinant information, all the while trying to keep her skirt from flipping up in the strong winds. The man was pretty stable the whole time.Then the very attractive firemen and police showed up. Of course. All we wanted to do was keep Amy's truck dry and go home. Nooooo, we have to stop and save lives half naked!
The man was taken by ambulance to the hospital, probably with a dislocated (if not broken) shoulder and head injury.
The fireman walked away with images of Amy in there minds. Hahahaha! Please review the pictures above of Amy....and picture her sitting, and then trying to stand. I want you to know that we are still laughing.
Once home we shared our escapade with the other girls, then headed to Wakkiki for tattoos. Pictures following later.
More to come from the rest of our day...got to go get on a plane soon. My next post will be written at home, sad....no more Hawaii.
One last time, Aloha!

2 comments:
I think I wet my pants from laughing. Poor man but FUNNY story!
still making me laugh! db
Post a Comment