Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finally, pictures from Vegas

So finally, here are my pictures from our weekend in Vegas. I thought I could get these all posted before even leaving Nevada, however many things were stacked against me. For one, I left the thing (I have no idea what it is called) that I put my memory card in and attach to my computer to download my photos onto my computer at home. Then I got sicker than a dog on the Sunday that we returned on. I proceeded to spend the next week sleeping in my mom's bed (I feel there are no statue of limitations on the age in which your mom is obligated to care for you while you lie sick in her bed), and I just didn't have it in me to even pick up my computer. It weighs at least 2 pounds. Anyway, that brings us to today. Here are our fun filled pictures. I label this montage, "How to keep kids busy in Vegas".

1. Take them to the Mirage to visit the Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat.

In this dolphin habitat they do not perform specific shows. They do, however, so research with the animals and train them. They dolphins love to show off. There were not a lot of people there and you get to be close to the water. The kids (and probably mostly me) loved it!This pool had a baby dolphin that was only a few months old. Very cute!

The Secret Garden was filled with lions, tigers, and alpacas. I don't think I'd ever seen an alpaca before.

Just in case you were wondering these are the alpacas. A few fun facts: they can swim, or at least enjoy the water, and their poop looks like rabbit poop. For such a large animal I found that odd. Just throwing that out there. It's in the picture in the lower right hand corner. =)

2. Wear them out at the Town Square playground...and get a little shopping done as well. =)

Noah loves to show how strong he is, he's very proud of it. So he spent most of his time pushing the merry-go-round. I have to admit he is pretty good at it.

Lucie-goosie enjoyed the slide.

The Town Square is right in the flight path of the airport which was cool because the planes fly over often and feel like they are so close you can touch them.

This was a little maze that I tried my hardest to take a picture of the kids in. I took at least 30 pictures and this is the best one. Here we see Noah....and Lucie's little hand to the left.

3. Make them work for their food.


Hahaha, we took their forks away!

4. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love how Noah is sleeping.

Shannon said...

So funny!!!! It looks like the kiddos had fun in Sin City. All of the things that you have on this post as "things for kids" sound like a lot of fun for adults too! Next time you and I go to Vegas, we should do all those things!