1. The lawn mower bag has gone missing. Who knows where it is, but it is certainly isn't attached to the mower collecting the lawn clippings.
2. It has been raining.
3. I have other things that I could be doing that sound more fun.
4. I accomplish more with others around...and no one is around when I am available to mow my lawn. =)
I have many more reasons but we will stop there. You get the point.
I have a feeling that the neighbors (whom all employ people to take care of their lawns on a weekly basis, and recently offered me names of people who would be willing to do my lawn) are starting to get annoyed. So this weekend I kindly asked my roommate (asked, demanded....we may see things differently) to come and help with the lawn. I needed to clip the hedges, weedwack, mow, and then sweep the whole mess up. She decided pushing the mower was her good deed for the day so off she went.

Look how happy she is.
Meanwhile I got to work using the weedwacker. I refilled the sucker with the plastic string stuff and off I went.
Apparently I filled it wrong because not 2 minutes later a piece went flying off and broke.

This was the end product.
So I moved on to clipping the hedges. I plugged in that tool (whatever it is called) and off I went. One whole side was completed when the darn thing just shut off. I checked the plug, pushed the on/off button multiple times, but the darn thing wouldn't turn on. So I unplugged it and put it away. Only to to find this...

Apparently I clipped right through the extension cord. Whatever.
This was not going to destroy my day. So what if I have a partially weedwacked lawn and half clipped hedges. I roll like that.
At this point Karen was almost finished with the mowing so I started to sweep. A few pushes in and the handle broke right off! I looked down and saw the the metal handle had seen better days, and it was rusted through.

No problem, I have another handle. So I screwed that on...pushed it a few times...and this sturdy new plastic one broke.

Lord, please send me a husband who knows how to keep up the yard...I am severely lacking. Thank you.

1 comment:
Ok that is one funny story!
Post a Comment