Monday, December 14, 2009

Free day, yay!

So I woke up bright and early this morning, showered and put on my fresh clean scrubs, then headed to work. Once there I quickly realized that I was not scheduled...seeing how my fellow co-workers all had assignments given to them, yet my team leader just looked at me blankly. Anyway, that just means Free Day!

I grocery shopped, I laundered, I cooked, I cleaned. I feel very accomplished and would appreciate it if you would all refer to me as Martha Stewart from here on out. Thank you.

I made super good, low sodium, low fat chicken noodle soup with whole wheat pasta. (It's how I roll) I enjoyed eating it out of my relatively new turquoise Fiestaware. I think it makes it taste better.


Then I made 5 dozen sugar cookies for friends and family.


And frosted them.



Then took them to all the neighbors. I hadn't met them all yet, so this was a great (and nerve-racking) experience. I learned that I have very friendly neighbors, and an extremely attractive next door neighbor whom I am sure is now in love with me/Martha.

Christmas gifts were made.


Tamales were cooked and eaten, along with 0.8 dozen cookies. I could not help it. I am a pretty good recipe follower. Now I am off to bed, after I fold all that clean laundry. =) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

TeamHedrick said...

what a productive day! i wish i was one of your neighbors to reap the benefits!