Monday, April 12, 2010

Going hippie

Yes I still shave and wear all under garments. Just thought I would start this off without worrying you all.

What I have done, though, is make my own deodorant today! I know, things like this should not excite me like they do, however we have to live with what we've been given.

I am always looking for the most natural products that actually work. Some of my biggest challenges have been deodorant and shampoo/conditioner. Hopefully today that will change a little. A few years back I switched to non-antiperspirant and aluminum free deodorant with good results. Antiperspirants and aluminum have been linked to Alzheimer's and cancer, so whether they cause this or not I am safe...and still smelling fresh. Well most of the time. =) Today I am just taking my journey a step further.

Here is the link for directions on how to make your own deodorant. Only 4 ingredients: Corn starch, baking soda, coconut oil (which is apparently good for a million different things) and I added a little tea tree oil for fun smell and anti-bacterial properties.

I'll let you know if this ends up being a dud, but 10 minutes in it's still working like a charm!

Lana <3

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh now I get it. I really need to keep up with you on all this.